This is general duty work in the prevention of fire damage involving responsibility for the protection of life and property by combating, extinguishing and preventing fires. Duties include the operation of firefighting equipment, rescue equipment and related apparatus. Work is performed as a member of team and a superior officer is usually available to assign specific duties. Work is reviewed by observation or results obtained by methods used.
· Responds to fire alarms with fire company.
· Enters burning building with hose lines.
· Operates hose lines and applies water on fires.
· Operates hand fire extinguishers and similar equipment in extinguishing fires.
· Raises, lowers and climbs ladders.
· Ventilates burning buildings to dispel smoke and gases.
· Removes and rescues persons from danger.
· Answers emergency alarms.
· Performs salvage operations such as placing salvage covers, sweeping water and removing debris.
· May be assigned as driver of a pump truck, fire engine, rescue truck and related fire equipment and apparatus.
· Responds to fire alarms and returns equipment to station.
· Operates pumps to maintain an adequate water volume and pressure.
· Performs maintenance of fire equipment.
· Cleans and maintains station and grounds.
· Participates in company drills
· Attends scheduled training sessions in such subjects as firefighting methods, equipment operation, and first aid and street hydrant locations.
Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the examples cover all the duties that may be assigned.
· Current State of Florida Firefighter Certificate of Compliance
· Current Basic Life Support Provider card (American Heart Association or equivalent)
· Current and valid drivers license
· Physical strength and agility and overall good physical condition.
EDUCATION (OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE):
· High school diploma or GED.
· Must meet the requirements set by the Firefighters Standards Council and complete other training courses as determined by Department regulations.
Health and welfare: Medical, Dental, and Vision:
City pays 100% of the premium cost for employee.
City pays 50% of the premium cost for dependent / family medical coverage.
AFLAC as a payroll deduction at the employee’s expense.
With the completion of the following education and certifications, members will receive incentive pay per month. Up to the max amount of $250.00
1) Fire officer one and two.
2) All Fire Service Special Rescue
3) Pump Operator (Fl state certified)
5) Fire Safety Inspector one and two.
6) Fire Instructor one ,two and three.
7) Fire & Life Safety Educator.
8) Arson Fire Investigator
9) Bachelor’s Degree Held
10) Associates Degree Held
11) Hazardous Materials Technician
12) Airport Fire and Rescue
13) Live Fire Training Instructor.
When applying for an advertised job, you may request an application from Tammie Goettl by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also download the application off of The City of Crestview website under the employment tab. Turn in your completed application to our Fire Station One located at
321 W Woodruff Ave Crestview Fl, 32536 located behind City Hall. You can also email your completed application to Lindsay Garrett at email@example.com
We are testing on 08/30/2017 at 0900 hours at Station One located at 321 West Woodruff Ave Crestview Fl, 32536. You must bring a copy of your state certification as well as a valid driver license. You will also need to bring a Helmet, gloves and wear long pants and shoes with good traction. You will be doing a practical and an oral board. If you have any questions please call 850-682-6121.
Access to employment information is subject to F.S. 119.01, et. seq., Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace.