- Police Department
- Community Service Programs
- Crestview Citizens Police Academy Alumni
Crestview Citizens Police Academy Alumni
What do residents do upon graduation from the Citizens Police Academy? Many continue their interest in, and support of, the Police Department by joining the Crestview Citizens Police Academy Alumni, Inc.
Formed in 2015, the Crestview Citizens Police Academy Alumni is a 501(c)3 nonprofit dedicated to supporting the Police Department through a variety of volunteer programs, services and activities.
- Administrative support at the Police Department
- Serving as school zone crossing guards following completion of state-mandated training and certification, thus freeing sworn officers to return to patrol duties.
- Fundraising for equipment not included in the agency’s city-funded budget.
- Fundraising for a law enforcement officers memorial in front of the Police Department that will be dedicated to officers who have fallen in the line of duty.
- Representing the department at community events and programs, including parades, festivals and fairs.
- Participating in department community support activities such as the Cops for Kids toy distribution, the Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics-Florida, agency family social activities, etc. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Historically, the Citizens Academy hosted by the Crestview police Department was a 10-week program that met once weekly for a number of hours to learn more about various purposes and techniques of a Law Enforcement Officer’s daily functions. In response to our citizens busy lifestyle, we have recently revised this program with a newer approach. This has widened availability of courses, counteracted scheduling issues, and allows for a wider range of lectures, demonstrations and classes we can offer to our citizens. Starting March 2023, The Crestview Police Department will host workshops open to all citizens. However, if your goal is to become a Citizens Academy Alumni, these workshops will count towards “hours required” for graduation.
Cadet: This is for citizens who have an interest in becoming a graduate of the CCPAA and are actively working on their requirements. In order to be considered as a cadet, you first must submit your registration paperwork and complete at least one 4-hour ride-a-long with one of our Law Enforcement Officers. You can remain a cadet as long as it takes for you to complete the remaining requirements to graduate as an official Citizen’s Academy Alumni and in the meantime, be able to help and join the CCPAA within the confines of your “Cadet status”.
Officer: This is a status for Crestview Citizens Police Academy Alumni who have completed all requirements and graduated from the program. You will work in full capacity with the 501(c)3 and continue your goals with your fellow CCPAA Alumni!
To earn your certificate as a Crestview Police Academy graduate the following requirements are needed to be completed:
1) Submit Ride-along request and necessary background check. The request form can be found below and submitted to the Crestview Police Dept.
2) Complete at least one ride along. (This will be scheduled with you after the completion of Step 1)
3) Complete Four CCPAA courses of your choice.
Any graduate of a Crestview Citizens Police Academy class is eligible to join the alumni.
For more information regarding membership, opportunities or registrations contact Community Services Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. (850)-682-3544
or CCPAA President Delia Underwood at 850.826.8802.
Submit your completed Ride-along paperwork!
Completed forms can be submitted by mail:
Attn: Community Service
201 Stillwell Blvd.
Crestview, Fl 32539
Forms can also be submitted in person at the police station or by email: