Mission, Core Values & Goals
The City of Crestview is responsible for the planning, coordinating and administration of all city sponsored athletic events conducted at city facilities. Our goal at the Parks and Recreation Department is to provide quality programs and facilities to all youth and adult participants. Year round athletic programs are offered including baseball, basketball, football, cheerleading, soccer and many more! View our Mission, Core Values and Goals (PDF) for additional details.
The Parks and Recreation Department offers a full range of sports activities for the youth in our area. We offer baseball, softball, basketball, and football. Children 4 years to 15 years of age are eligible to participate in most of these sports. The age at which your child may participate depends on the sport of interest. In order to better serve the area, we hold registration for an entire month preceding the sport. The following is a breakdown of our registrations:
Youth Baseball & Softball
5 and 6 Year Olds
- Coach Pitch
7 and 8 Year Olds
- Minor Majors
9 and 10 Year Olds
- Little Majors
11 and 12 Year Olds
- Junior Majors
13,14 and 15 Year Olds
7, 8 and 9 Year Olds
10,11 and 12 Year Olds
13,14 and 15 Year Olds
- If you reside in the City limits: $60
- If you reside outside the City limits: $65
- The registration fee will include the cost of a shirt and shorts which the players will keep at season's end.
The Parks and Recreation Department offers adult slow pitch softball leagues. We offer a men's and women's spring season in the beginning of May. Following the spring season, we take a month off before registration begins for the Co-Ed softball league. Co-Ed softball begins near the 1st of September. Leagues are formed by team registration. For more information concerning adult sports, please call 850-682-4715.
Schedules are subject to change due to postponements or cancellations. Please check with your coach when there is a question needed to be answered. For general game schedule information, call 850-689-9837. The CPRD cancellation policy is as follows:
- If a school function causes a team to be short players to the point of forfeit, then the CPRD will cancel or postpone the game in question.
- If it is raining, unless CPRD has called off the game prior to the game time, then you must report to the park. Games will be cancelled 15 minutes after game time if weather proves to be too bad to continue.
- Games may be rescheduled to a later date. Coaches will be notified of any make-up games. You may also check this page for cancellations and/or make-up games or call the game information number (after hours for recorded message) at 850-689-9837.